Modelling the total cost of your IT equipment
- Purchase cost
- Consumption cost
- Overall cost
It does not offer any performance monitoring indicators or any objectives with figures calculated and defined in terms of timescales.
However, the company is listed in some social responsibility indexes, such as the FTSE4Good, the Japanese Morning Star, the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and it has a "Silver" certification in the SAM ranking, a non-financial rating agency.
With regard to its production, Epson has however made notable progress, for example the 46% reduction in CO2 emissions throughout the lifecycle of one of its printers (L100) with respect to another model (Stylus T13), simply by taking action in terms of the ink cartridges by setting up a refilling system. Overall, the aim is to achieve a 90% reduction in the global impact of products throughout their lifecycle by 2050.
Epson is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact for the company's ethics in its business activities and its social impact. From the point of view of its social commitment, the company gets involved at a local level more than internationally, in its support, education and environmental conservation projects.
- Does not contain REACH substances
- Software can be updated (drivers, operating system)
- Able to add additional paper management modules (duplexers, additional trays)
- Does accept recycled paper
- Does have a pull printing system
- Contains 0% bioplastics
- Contains 0% of recycled plastic in its packaging
- Unable to update the processor modules (memory, hard disk)
- Unable to add possible connectivity modules (network, wireless, print servers)
- Does not give information with regard to changing the ozone filter
To discover full rating elements:Export the complete sheet as PDF
Practical advice for use
Configure black and white, double-sided and « draft » mode printing by default, or even set to two pages/slides per sheet when a work document is involved
Use the « print preview » function to ensure the quality of the expected outcome
Sell or donate your hardware at the pick-up points dedicated to reconditioning so that it can be reused