LENOVO LI2241 Wide
Modelling the total cost of your IT equipment
- Purchase cost
- Consumption cost
- Overall cost
In addition, Lenovo is not present in the international rankings relating to the sustainability of international companies.
With regard to product-related transparency, Lenovo regularly publishes full environmental data on the models in its ranges. Greenpeace criticises the company and puts it in 8th place in its 2011 ranking, in particular following the failure to adhere to the undertakings it made concerning the elimination of brominated flame retardants and also because it did not have the greenhouse gas emission figures it announced verified. Nevertheless, Lenovo has set up action plans for the coming years and states its desire to reduce greenhouse gases by 50% by 2050 with respect to 1990 emissions. This ambition may seem positive, but needs to be seen in relative terms in view of the stricter undertakings made and adhered to by fellow manufacturers, both in terms of the timescales for carrying this out and the expected results.
With regard to the efforts made, in our analyses we noted a clear presence of recycled materials in the latest products launched, with this being in large proportions, far higher than with fellow manufacturers.
Finally the social performance of the company set out in Lenovo's CSR report is to say the least terse and only gives a small amount of information about the programmes the company is involved in or about the internal measurement of undertakings on this subject.
- Does not contain mercury in the light sources
- Does have parts and labels that can be easily separated
- Does not have a surface coating for the plastic parts of the case/top
- Does not have plastic parts of a single material or that are easy to separate
- Does have plastic parts without metallic inlays or that are difficult to extract with the tools currently available
- Contains 2% of recycled plastic
- Contains 0% bioplastics
- Contains 0% of recycled plastic in its packaging
- Does not have packaging made of a single material
- Does not send any information with regard to REACH
To discover full rating elements:Export the complete sheet as PDF
Practical advice for use
Delete dynamic screen savers
Sell or donate your hardware at the pick-up points dedicated to reconditioning so that it can be reused
Take your used hardware to the dedicated collection points for WEEE so that it can be recycled