LENOVO ThinkPad E550
Modelling the total cost of your IT equipment
- Purchase cost
- Consumption cost
- Overall cost
In addition, Lenovo is not present in the international rankings relating to the sustainability of international companies.
With regard to product-related transparency, Lenovo regularly publishes full environmental data on the models in its ranges. Greenpeace criticises the company and puts it in 8th place in its 2011 ranking, in particular following the failure to adhere to the undertakings it made concerning the elimination of brominated flame retardants and also because it did not have the greenhouse gas emission figures it announced verified. Nevertheless, Lenovo has set up action plans for the coming years and states its desire to reduce greenhouse gases by 50% by 2050 with respect to 1990 emissions. This ambition may seem positive, but needs to be seen in relative terms in view of the stricter undertakings made and adhered to by fellow manufacturers, both in terms of the timescales for carrying this out and the expected results.
With regard to the efforts made, in our analyses we noted a clear presence of recycled materials in the latest products launched, with this being in large proportions, far higher than with fellow manufacturers.
Finally the social performance of the company set out in Lenovo's CSR report is to say the least terse and only gives a small amount of information about the programmes the company is involved in or about the internal measurement of undertakings on this subject.
- Electronic fields created by the product limited
- Does not contain PVC in the external parts of the product
- Has no Halogenated Flame Retardants in the external shell
- Does not contain mercury in the light sources
- Has no Halogenated Flame Retardants in the printed circuits
- Contains PVC in the product's electronics
- Contains 0% bioplastics
- Contains 0% of recycled plastic in its packaging
- Does not have packaging made of a single material
- Does not send any information with regard to REACH
To discover full rating elements:Export the complete sheet as PDF
Practical advice for use
Use a universal charger
Regularly delete the applications you do not use
Sell or donate your hardware at the pick-up points dedicated to reconditioning so that it can be reused