Modelling the total cost of your IT equipment
- Purchase cost
- Consumption cost
- Overall cost
From an environmental point of view, the company displays exemplary results, having already achieved some objectives, such as the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions (Objective -20% by 2017. 25% achieved in 2009). Each year Lexmark renews its commitment to the United Nations Global Compact to continue making efforts with a view to reducing GHG emissions.
In terms of products, Lexmark has undertaken to use more recycled plastics in its machines, but without giving any quantified target. Likewise, the company publishes an environmental data sheet about some products, which is rare enough to be worth pointing out, all the more so as these publications are quite recent and innovative. Finally, it has also undertaken to banish brominated flame retardants and PVC from plastics and is working on eliminating phthalates.
Lastly, socially speaking Lexmark is very involved at a local community level, providing financial and human support for projects of varying scales. On the other hand, it does not demonstrate specific partnerships with any NGOs or causes which are internationally recognised.
- Does not contain PVC in the external parts of the product
- Has no Halogenated Flame Retardants in the external shell
- Does not contain mercury in the light sources
- Has no Halogenated Flame Retardants in the printed circuits
- Contains 25% of recycled plastic
- Contains PVC in the product's electronics
- Contains 0% bioplastics
- Does not have packaging made of a single material
- Does not give information with regard to changing the ozone filter
- Does not have separate colour ink cartridges
To discover full rating elements:Export the complete sheet as PDF
Practical advice for use
Configure black and white, double-sided and « draft » mode printing by default, or even set to two pages/slides per sheet when a work document is involved
Use the « print preview » function to ensure the quality of the expected outcome
Sell or donate your hardware at the pick-up points dedicated to reconditioning so that it can be reused