Modelling the total cost of your IT equipment
- Purchase cost
- Consumption cost
- Overall cost
Finally, in general terms, LG does not publish any environmental information relating to product components or to the competences provided by the manufacturer to support the end of life management of hardware. This only goes to confirm the general impression.
In addition, Greenpeace criticises the company in its "Guide To Greener Electronics" report by relegating it to 13th place with a score of 2.8/10, highlighting the lack of evidence and/or provision of information regarding the implementation of undertakings made. In the same way, Newsweek puts the group in 65th position among the 500 most environmentally responsible companies in its 2011 "Green Rankings".
Let us hope that LG signs up to its social responsibility in a more sustainable and more committed way.
- Does not contain mercury in the light sources
- Does have parts and labels that can be easily separated
- Does not have a surface coating for the plastic parts of the case/top
- Does not have plastic parts of a single material or that are easy to separate
- Does have plastic parts without metallic inlays or that are difficult to extract with the tools currently available
- Contains 0% of recycled plastic
- Contains 0% bioplastics
- Does not send any information with regard to REACH
To discover full rating elements:Export the complete sheet as PDF
Practical advice for use
Delete dynamic screen savers
Sell or donate your hardware at the pick-up points dedicated to reconditioning so that it can be reused
Take your used hardware to the dedicated collection points for WEEE so that it can be recycled