Modelling the total cost of your IT equipment
- Purchase cost
- Consumption cost
- Overall cost
In addition, the report does not present any indicators or plans that might give easy access to the essential information. Sony does not give any information about its products either, even on request. When you put all these elements together, it suggests to us that Sony is not one of the most transparent companies in this field. This is something that can be confirmed via the latest 2011 "Green Rankings" of the 500 most environmentally responsible companies, where Newsweek puts Sony in 75th place, especially due to this lack of transparency.
On the other hand, though we may have had little information about the products and their environmental impact, Greenpeace values Sony's undertakings and actions in terms of reducing greenhouse gases and welcomes the efforts to reduce toxic chemicals.
As a member of the EICC, in addition to subscribing to the code of conduct, Sony participates in the resolution of conflicts linked to the extraction of raw materials. It is also very active in supporting respect for equality and the work / family life balance. Sony also sponsors a lot of charitable activities through its foundations and NGOs such as UNICEF and Care. Finally Sony has committed itself to the millennium goals.
- Has no Halogenated Flame Retardants in the external shell
- Has no Halogenated Flame Retardants in the printed circuits
- Does not contain PVC in the product's electronics
- Memory can be increased or replaced
- Storage capacity can be increased or replaced
- Contains 0% of recycled plastic
- Does not have packaging made of a single material
- Does not send any information with regard to REACH
- No replacement parts provided
To discover full rating elements:Export the complete sheet as PDF
Practical advice for use
Delete dynamic screen savers
Sell or donate your hardware at the pick-up points dedicated to reconditioning so that it can be reused
Take your used hardware to the dedicated collection points for WEEE so that it can be recycled