TOSHIBA 21.5" Wide Ultra Slim Monitor
Modelling the total cost of your IT equipment
- Purchase cost
- Consumption cost
- Overall cost
Toshiba's obvious desire for transparency is reinforced by the publication of data on its products, however it is a shame that this is not routine, though we note that they are making a real effort.
Toshiba also appears in 27th place in the Newsweek "Green Rankings" of the 500 most environmentally responsible global companies, in particular thanks to its environmental management.
This good performance does not prevent Greenpeace from penalising the company by putting it in 14th place because of its failure to adhere to its undertaking to launch products free from PVC and halogenated flame retardants before April 2010.
Finally, Toshiba supported citizens' actions to the tune of 2.7 billion yen in 891 projects all over the world involving environmental, social and humanitarian subjects. On the other hand, Toshiba does not seem to take a stance in the struggle against conflicts linked to the extraction of the raw materials needed by the information technology industry, but concentrates on internal social problems, such as diversity and gender equality.
- Does not contain mercury in the light sources
- Does have parts and labels that can be easily separated
- Does not have a surface coating for the plastic parts of the case/top
- Does not have plastic parts of a single material or that are easy to separate
- Does have plastic parts without metallic inlays or that are difficult to extract with the tools currently available
- Contains 0% of recycled plastic
- Contains 0% bioplastics
- Contains 0% of recycled plastic in its packaging
- Does not have packaging made of a single material
- Does not send any information with regard to REACH
To discover full rating elements:Export the complete sheet as PDF
Practical advice for use
Delete dynamic screen savers
Sell or donate your hardware at the pick-up points dedicated to reconditioning so that it can be reused
Take your used hardware to the dedicated collection points for WEEE so that it can be recycled