TOSHIBA Tecra R840
Modelling the total cost of your IT equipment
- Purchase cost
- Consumption cost
- Overall cost
Toshiba's obvious desire for transparency is reinforced by the publication of data on its products, however it is a shame that this is not routine, though we note that they are making a real effort.
Toshiba also appears in 27th place in the Newsweek "Green Rankings" of the 500 most environmentally responsible global companies, in particular thanks to its environmental management.
This good performance does not prevent Greenpeace from penalising the company by putting it in 14th place because of its failure to adhere to its undertaking to launch products free from PVC and halogenated flame retardants before April 2010.
Finally, Toshiba supported citizens' actions to the tune of 2.7 billion yen in 891 projects all over the world involving environmental, social and humanitarian subjects. On the other hand, Toshiba does not seem to take a stance in the struggle against conflicts linked to the extraction of the raw materials needed by the information technology industry, but concentrates on internal social problems, such as diversity and gender equality.
- Does not contain PVC in the external parts of the product
- Has no Halogenated Flame Retardants in the external shell
- Does not contain mercury in the light sources
- Has no Halogenated Flame Retardants in the printed circuits
- Does contain PVC in its packaging
- No electromagnetic field limitation
- Contains PVC in the product's electronics
- Contains 0% of recycled plastic
- Contains 0% bioplastics
- Contains 0% of recycled plastic in its packaging
To discover full rating elements:Export the complete sheet as PDF
Practical advice for use
Use a universal charger
Regularly delete the applications you do not use
Sell or donate your hardware at the pick-up points dedicated to reconditioning so that it can be reused